First Impressions Are Everything
Whether you are interviewing for your dream job, headed out on a blind date, or meeting your child’s kindergarten teacher for the first time – first impressions are everything. Like it or not, people make judgments based off of appearance. If you have a messy bun, t-shirt and crooked teeth you will be seen as unhappy and less successful than those with sleek locks, dressed well, and straight teeth. Yes, straight teeth help with first impressions but there are several other surprising benefits you should be aware of.
Surprising Benefits Of Straight Teeth
1. Better Speech: When teeth are misaligned a person can develop speech impediments. Add to that a tongue tie, which often causes the lower teeth to be crowded and crooked, and you could be talking with a lisp and not able to pronounce certain sounds. With the tongue tie corrected and straight teeth speech will often improve without therapy.
2. Less Headaches: Clenching and grinding of teeth cause temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorders, headaches, and jaw pain. Crowding and missing teeth are often the cause of clenching and grinding which lead to jaw pain, muscle strain and headaches. After orthodontics to straighten the teeth, headaches lessen and disappear altogether in some patients.
3. Improved Gum Health: Misaligned and crowded teeth trap more plaque and bacteria causing gingivitis and periodontal disease, they are also harder to keep clean with regular home care. A perfectly aligned smile is easier to keep clean with tooth brushing and flossing, which means less biofilm to accumulate on the teeth.
4. Higher Self-Esteem: Whether we like it or not, an unattractive smile lowers our confidence levels. Once your teeth are straight, you will smile more, which subconsciously raises self-esteem. Most patients choose to whiten their teeth after completing orthodontics to boost their confidence as well.
5. Improved Digestion: Crooked teeth make it harder to chew food. If food has not been chewed properly, digestive issues like indigestion, acidity, heartburn, bloating and constipation will occur. A properly aligned smile will lead to better gut health, which is the key to optimal nutrient absorption and better overall health.
Visit The Dental Store today for your smile evaluation. We can discuss the pros and cons of traditional braces verses Invisliagn to help you decide the best option for you. Confidence is key – we are here to help you achieve a beautiful smile easily and affordably.